Latest Posts

Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Crème Review

By 11:17:00 AM , , , , , , ,

Price: $7-$9
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Description:
  • Leaves hair conditioned and healthier-looking
  • Protects hair against heat damage
  • Lightweight formula delivers shine
  • Sulfate, Paraben and Gluten free
Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Creme helps prevent heat damage caused by heated appliances while leaving hair shiny, smooth and healthier-looking.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Polyacrylamide, Diisopropyl Adipate, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Fragrance (Parfum), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk

Review:
I had this product for a while considering I purchased it while I was still transitioning. I used to put it on my hair before blow drying since I was trying to be more careful not to break my hair off. I didn't know how effective it was since the bulk of it was applied to the relaxed part of my hair. After my big chop, this product was just sitting in my bathroom cabinet since I would only air dry my hair.

I have only flat ironed my natural hair once and this was before I started my locs. I didn't want bone straight results; I just wanted to see my length at least one time. I pulled this product out again and put it on each little section before flat ironing. I got a little nervous when I saw all the steam, especially because the temperature was a pretty low. That steam was just the product evaporating. If I needed to do another pass with the flat iron, I'd put a little more product.

When I washed my hair, it curled back up as if nothing happened, so it did a great job of protecting my hair from heat damage. It did not make my hair hard or anything and it doesn't have any weird smell to it, so I appreciate that.

Bottom Line:

Overall great product for protecting your hair from heat damage.

You Might Also Like

0 comments