Latest Posts

Dudley's Scalp and Skin Antiseptic Pre-Shampoo

By 8:42:00 PM , , , , , , ,

Price: $9.50
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Description:
Dudley’s Scalp & Skin Antiseptic is a soothing pre-shampoo treatment that removes odor-causing bacteria and excess oil and helps control dandruff. It stimulates the scalp for a better shampoo and conditions the skin, making it feel soft and refreshed.

Ingredients:
  • SD Alcohol 40 – a readily evaporating colorless liquid is a powerful stimulant and antiseptic.
  • Clove Oil – has antiseptic properties derived from a dried flower bud of a tropical evergreen.
  • Peppermint Oil – a healing agent with cooling properties.
  • Eucalyptus Oil – a colorless pale to yellow liquid.

Review:
I consider this product to be the reason my oily scalp and dandruff problem hasn't driven me insane. Other dandruff-targeted products didn't do anything for my scalp. This is the only one that has made a difference. This is a pre-shampoo that helps remove the oil and bacteria from your scalp and keeps scalp fungi in check.

The instructions say to use a cotton ball to apply it to the scalp, which does not work for dense hair. Since the product is a liquid, I put it in a bottle that has an applicator tip. After wetting my hair and scalp, I use the tip to pour it throughout my scalp (not hair), massage it through, and then rinse. I do it a total of two times and then use my regular shampoo.

Something that surprised me is that it burned a bit the first time I used it, but after that it didn't really burn; it only tingled.

This product is very drying to the hair strands so it's best to try to avoid getting it all over your hair. After you follow up with your usual shampoo, make sure you have a good conditioner.
If you have dry "dandruff" (which is actually dry scalp flaking; not dandruff) this product is not for you. It will make a dry scalp worse. Only use this product if you have issues with oily dandruff.

Bottom Line:

Perfect pre-shampoo treatment for oily scalp and dandruff issues. Not recommended for those with dry scalp issues.

You Might Also Like

0 comments