Latest Posts

Baking Soda Cleanse For Locs Review

By 10:12:00 PM , , , , , , , , ,

http://cdn.healthy-holistic-living.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bakingsoda2.gif 

Price: Free (I had all of the ingredients in my house)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Recipe:
Large bowl/sink of warm water
1/4 cup of baking soda
2 tsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of sea salt
3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar

Stir until all is well dissolved

Review:
I tried this on my locs more as an experiment to see how much build up was in my locs after a year of having them. I got the recipe from Chescaloc's YouTube video where she recorded herself doing the cleanse in the sink. She, along with other people, did the cleanse on their locs and the mixture in the sink turned from clear to brown. I wanted to see where my hair stood when it came to product build-up.

When I did the cleanse, my water did not turn brown, but it was slightly darker and I could see residue and flakes. I chose to shampoo as well since it couldn't get much of the oil from my scalp. After washing and conditioning my hair, it was shinier and looked healthier in general.
I am relieved to know that I'm not using too much product in my locs lol

Bottom Line:

Great recipe for getting the build up out of your locs. Wouldn't recommend doing a harsh cleanse like this more than twice a year.


You Might Also Like

0 comments